Cats are territorial animals that love their space and comfort. Whether you own one or several cats, you may find yourself competing for that favorite spot on the couch. That is why we are here to teach you how to choose the best cat tree for your home.
Cat trees (also referred to as condos, towers, playgrounds or scratchers) are the most attractive cat furniture as they provide cozy hiding spots and vantage points for your beloved cat.
Most of them are carpeted and have one or more scratching points, while others come fitted with a litter box.
- 1 Things to Consider When Buying a Cat Tree
- 2 Why You Should Buy a Cat Tree
- 3 Our Top 10 Cat Trees
- 4 #1. FEANDREA 59” Multi-Level Cat Tree
- 5 #2. Go Pet Club Cat Tree Furniture 62”
- 6 #3. Go Pet Club Cat Tree Furniture 72”
- 7 #4. Go Pet Club 52″ Cat Tree Furniture
- 8 #5. PetFusion Ultimate Cat Scratcher Lounge
- 9 #6. Best Choice Products 72” Cat Tree Scratcher Condo Palace Play Furniture
- 10 #7. 73” Cat Tree Scratcher Play House Condo Furniture Bed Post Pet House
- 11 #8. Best Choice Products 96″ Multi Level Cat Tree
- 12 #9. The Go Pet Club Cat Tree
- 13 #10. Molly and Friends “Simple Sleeper” Premium Handmade
Things to Consider When Buying a Cat Tree
While a cat tree’s hardiness is the most important feature homeowners consider when making a purchasing decision, other factors come into play:
A Cat’s Personality
The best cat tree depends on the age, size, and activity level of your cat. Tall cat trees are ideal for young and playful cats as they provide plenty of space to climb, scratch and play. Spry cats, on the other hand, require somewhat compact models of pet trees with large perching and climbing areas; however, the climbing areas should be within reach (not too high).
If your cat prefers enclosed areas, pick a cat tree designed in the form of a tunnel or a cat tree house. And if he likes cuddling in small objects, select cat furniture with round beds.
Most homeowners tend to overlook the item’s durability in a bid to purchase a beautiful cat tree, but that is a mistake. The best quality cat tree should be both beautiful and sturdy enough to avoid tipping over when the kitty climbs or jumps. If the cat tree tips over, your cat may never use it again.
Cats prefer different scratching areas. Some love scratching carpeted areas while others prefer sisal or wooded areas. Buy a cat tree with different scratching options if you don’t know what your cat likes.
Modular or Assembled Cat Tree
A cat tree may be fully assembled or modular (requires assembly on arrival). A modular cat tree is easy to assemble, and homeowners can move it from one place to another. However, the best cat tree reviews show that consumers prefer assembled cat trees to modular cat trees as they are steadier than counterparts.
Though pricey, assembled cat trees are sturdy and are made of high-quality material. Additionally, they have solid wood frames and weigh more than modular cat trees.
Why You Should Buy a Cat Tree
If you are not yet convinced you need a cat tree, here are some benefits of owning one:
- Creating Territory: Large cats have little space within a home to play and move around and buying the best cat tree for large cats establishes its territory.
- Protecting Timid Cats: Fearful cats tend to look for peaceful areas to play and relax. Trees provide elevated areas where the cats can escape trouble and observe other cats playing.
- To Ease Tension Between Cats: Being territorial animals, cats feel the need to be in control all the time which can often lead to ugly fights. Introducing cat trees allow the dominant cat to mark its territory on the highest perch while the others claim positions on lower poles.
Our Top 10 Cat Trees
With the aforementioned information, you should have an idea of the type of cat tree that is most suitable for your home. Let’s look at the best cat tree brands depending on their functionality, a cat’s size as well as the tree’s additional built-in features:
#1. FEANDREA 59” Multi-Level Cat Tree
FEANDREA has introduced a 59” multi-level cat tree with sisal-covered scratching posts, and it makes a perfect multi-level cat tree for your cats. The uniquely designed condominium makes a perfect gift for your cats and kittens, and they can play in it or around it. Cats are demanding animals, and they often ask for a house where they could play, jump around, and nap. This is the perfect structure to fill your cat’s luxurious needs.
The multi-level cat tree by FEANDREA comes with an exclusively designed all-in-one relaxing spot. The spacious condominium comes with five perches tailored using hammock material, one box-like house, ten scratching posts made of sisal rope, and a paw-mat for your cats. The use of plush hammock provides your cats with a luxurious and comfortable sleeping place. The multiple perches make an ideal spot for your cat to spend its leisure time.
- The 59” multi-level cat tree is exclusively manufactured by CARB-certified natural particle boards.
- The strength of the perches is supplemented by adding batten to the bottom which adds stability to the cat tower.
- The use of anti-toppling fittings to the cat tower adds enhanced security to the tower, so you can enjoy seeing your cats play without any hassle.
- The hammock material could be too warm for your cat if you live in a warm or tropical region.
- The 59” cat tree is not suitable for kittens or growing cats.
- The material incorporated into the cat condo is not 100% scratch-proof.
#2. Go Pet Club Cat Tree Furniture 62”
No matter how domesticated or trained your cat is, it always craves an environment that somewhat mimics its natural habitat. Grownup cats are prone to climbing objects like trees and fences, and having cat tree furniture that resembles a lifelike tree can keep your cat entertained and active within the premises of your house.
The Pet Club 62” tall cat tree is an effective tool for providing your cat with a fun environment in your home. The cat tower comes with sisal rope scratching posts, which keeps your cat from scratching your leather sofa or faux fur mat. The cat tree also comes with several perches, ringlets, and baskets to provide your cat with a place to play and sleep.
The uniquely assembled beige cat tree is crafted using durable compressed wood. It is further covered with a faux fur finish for keeping your cats cozy and warm. The unique features of the tower include a ladder, tunnel, hanging toys, baskets, and multiple perches. It also comes with multiple scratching posts that are made using sisal ropes, which makes an ideal tool for your cats to practice their scratch and claw on. The cat tower comes with a series of tools and instructions, which a cat owner can follow to complete the project.
- It comes with multiple fun elements and toys for training your cat
- The use of faux fur finish keeps your cat warm in a cold climate
- The incorporation of a tunnel improves your cat’s strength and playing abilities
- The cat tower makes an excellent décor for your house
- The cat tower takes up plenty of space in your room
- A feral cat would not like climbing the cat tree due to its huge size
#3. Go Pet Club Cat Tree Furniture 72”
Cats are often prone to scratching your furniture which is obviously not ideal. Cat tree furniture provides a safe way for your cat to scratch that itch without tearing your expensive leather sofa to shreds.
This Pet Club cat tree comes with several features for providing your cat with its own sanctuary. The cat tower comes with two toy mice, three perches, and two condos, which makes a perfect house for 3 to 4 cats. It comes with adequate space for your cats to play and relax. It also comes with 10 sisal rope scratching posts to keep your cats distracted from scratching your expensive furniture.
This cat tree is easy to assemble by following the given instructions.
The cat tree serves as a vertical territory to enable your cat to maneuver their personal space. It also provides them with a personalized home for napping and playing. The cat tower by Go Pet Club is ideal for newly adopted cats, as it provides them with a sense of security inside of the small hut.
- The extensive height of the cat tree allows your kitten to exercise and play freely
- It gives them a space to climb on and run around
- It also provides protection from a cat that might intimidate them
- It includes two set of stairs, 10 scratching posts, and perches along with two hanging toys
- The height of the cat tree is not suitable for kittens
- It takes up a large amount of space in a room
#4. Go Pet Club 52″ Cat Tree Furniture
The cat tree furniture introduced by Go Pet is 52 inches tall. It is ideal for making your cat feel safe in the tree house. It also provides a space for your cat to look across the room. The cat tree furniture comes with a soft fleece coat, which makes it extra cozy for your cat.
It also has multiple pedestals and perches, which allows your cats to do fun activities without going out. The incorporation of smaller sized pedestals and perches make it an excellent for your medium-sized cat to play and climb. The beige and off-white color of the cat tree suits décor with any style and color.
The integration of the scratching poles provides your cat with a spot to scratch on. The scratching posts are covered with sisal rope, which feels comfortable to their paws.
The paw-shaped perch allows a medium-sized cat to practice scratching and clawing skills. The top bed can carry a medium-sized cat from any breed easily. The incorporation of a cradle tube is ideal for small-sized cats and kittens. The integration of hanging toys and climbing ramp adds an extraordinary touch to the cat tree.
- It is an excellent height for a medium-sized cat
- The incorporation of perches, cradling pouch, and hut makes an provides multiple options for your cat to lounge
- The beige color compliments any décor style and colors
- The cat tree may not be the best option for large-sized and heavier cats
#5. PetFusion Ultimate Cat Scratcher Lounge
The PetFusion Ultimate Cat Scratcher Lounge is an excellent investment for cat owners, who are training their cats to keep their paws off the furniture. It serves as a scratcher and lounging place for your cat. It comes with a premium and organic catnip leaf, which keeps your cat relaxed and comfortable when lounging on the scratcher.
The use of non-toxic corn starch allows your cat to practice natural scratching, which leads to healthier claws. It also works as an excellent stress reliever for female cats in heat.
The PetFusion Ultimate Cat Scratcher comes with organic catnip leaf for keeping your cat relaxed on the scratching tool. It uses an innovative and curved design, which allows your cat to scratch and lounge on it without any hassle.
It also makes a suitable-size addition to your bedroom décor. The brown color of the scratcher lounger is compatible with any type and color of décor kept in your room.
- The curved shape provides a stylish look
- Cats are drawn to the scratcher and away from carpet and furniture
- It makes an excellent playing and sleeping spot for your cat
- Your cats may find the curved design of the scratcher intimidating
#6. Best Choice Products 72” Cat Tree Scratcher Condo Palace Play Furniture
This cat tree is a must-have addition to any household with multiple cats.
It comes with everything you need to keep your cat entertained and active. It comes with an abundant number of perches, scratch poles, levels, hiding places, and cradling pouches, so your cats never feel left out.
This huge cat tree scratcher is made using compressed wood, which is coated in soft faux fur that most cats love. It also comes with multiple scratching posts made of sisal rope, which gives your cat an intense clawing and scratching delight.
The enormous cat tree play palace by Best Choice Products comes with everything to keep multiple cats entertained. If you are apprehensive of taking your cats outside, investing in this unique cat tower will ensure that they remain happy and healthy indoors.
The Play Palace comes with several scratching posts wrapped in sisal rope, which is ideal for your cat’s paws and claws. The use of multiple levels and perches allows your cat to maneuver the cat tree without any hassle. It is suitable for 5 to 6 medium-sized cats at a time.
- The large-sized cat tree is perfect for keeping 5 to 6 cats entertained at a time, without purchasing an extra, medium-sized cat tree
- It may not fit well in a small-sized room, and it requires time for assembling its part into a proper cat tower
#7. 73” Cat Tree Scratcher Play House Condo Furniture Bed Post Pet House
Finding a cat tree scratcher of the right height can be problematic for most cat owners, and they end with small-sized cat trees. Larger cats often require a lot of space to jump around and climb. If the height of the tower is not tall enough for them then it could be a waste of money.
This 73” cat tree scratcher playhouse comes with the essentials, required for keeping your cat amused and active. The incorporation of the scratcher is ideal for keeping your cat’s paws strong and structured, and it also relaxes its muscles.
The navy blue colored cat tower comes with multiple levels and perches for your cats. The use of faux fur for making this cat tower is an absolute delight for your cat’s paws.
Every cat owner wants a cat tower of adequate size for their cats. The cat tower ranges between 70 to 73 inches tall, which is suitable for medium to large sized felines. The addition of the levels and perches allows your cat to jump around the cat tree without any trouble. The faux fur material makes for a relaxing spot for your cat to lounge on, and it also keeps them warm in cold weather.
This cat tower condo is easy to assemble, and its universal navy blue color complements the color of your home décor. It provides your cats with a spot to exercise, explore, have fun, and to nap. The use of sisal rope scratching posts does not only provide your cats with something to scratch on but it also adds stability to the cat tree.
- The large size of the cat condo is ideal for medium to large sized cats
- The universal navy blue color flatters your home décor style and color
- It may not be a suitable pick for small-sized cats and kittens
#8. Best Choice Products 96″ Multi Level Cat Tree
If you are unable to give your cat proper time, you should consider investing in pet cat furniture or pet tower for keeping your cats active. Cats find the idea of climbing a tree-like structure intriguing, and it also keeps their muscles and bones strong.
The Best Choice 96″ Cat Tree is an excellent choice for your beloved cats. The features of this uniquely designed cat tower are sure to keep your cat entertained for hours.This cat tower features a comfortable and cozy cat house for your cats where they can take naps without anyone interrupting them.
The top perch of the cat tower comes with an open half-cup bed, which makes a comfortable spot for your cats. The addition of natural sisal posts and hanging rope toys prove useful for training your cats. Also, the incorporation of the flexible spring wand makes an interactive toy for your cat.
The cat furniture is easy to assemble. You are simply required to follow the instructions for completing its construction then, your cats are good to jump on it. The charcoal-gray color of the tower adds a unique look to the tower and its neutral color suits well with any color or décor type in your room. Its soft plush exterior and multiple uses make it perfect playing area and a sleeping spot for your cat.
- It comes with a unique open-half cup bed, which most cats find really comforting and relaxing
- The unique shape and design of this cat tower add variation to your room décor
- It is only suitable for one large-sized cat
#9. The Go Pet Club Cat Tree
The Go Pet Club Cat Tree has a more conventional style. This modular cat tree is ideal for medium and large sized cats but in the case of two pets, they would have to share the tree house. With a height of 52” and a 19-inch square base, the Go Pet Club Cat Tree occupies very minimal space without overlooking the play area. The perches are made of compressed wood which makes it pretty light to allow mobility. The coverings are made of fake fur to provide a cozy resting area.
- Has five scratching areas
- Has a reasonable price
- Being a modular cat tree, it’s easy to put together
#10. Molly and Friends “Simple Sleeper” Premium Handmade
This cat tree is ideal for bush dwelling cats that prefer making natural jumps. It has a 19” by 21” sturdy base perfect for climbing and lounging. Simple Sleeper’s cat tree is pretty small in size thus very portable and the right size for placement near a window.
A unique quality about this cat tree is the thick, high-quality handmade carpet on the perching areas and support poles. What’s more, the carpeting extends underneath the platforms to provide comfort and warmth to the cat. And homeowners will have no trouble matching the cat tree with the rest of the décor as its neutral color blends into any décor.