Cats naturally have that urge to scratch, by doing this they remove any old material that may have developed in their claws over time. They also develop territorial boundaries when they scratch by producing a scent from their paws, the scent that shows who belongs where. This may happen whether the cats have a scratching post or not.
If you love the furniture in your house and you want to save them from being scratched then go for a cat scratching post that they can use anytime they feel like scratching themselves. If you don’t take care of your pet by providing these products then they may end up scratching everything in the house to satisfy their desire. You, therefore, need post made from best carpet for scratching post that will last long.
- 1 What does Cat Scratching Post do?
- 2 How to choose a cat scratching post
What does Cat Scratching Post do?
When you provide a cat scratching post for your pet they won’t always wonder looking for a rough place to scratch on. They will always love staying at home, knowing that all their scratching needs are taken care of. Not any post will satisfy your needs, in fact, what you need is the best cat scratching post ever. They will effectively make their paws strong and remove any old layer in them by continues scratching.
How to choose a cat scratching post
Cats love scratching and they do it continuously, you, therefore, need to choose the right scratching post that will last long, is dustless, and the one that doesn’t hold firm the paws of your cat. There are many cat scratching post for sale but you should also consider the stability of the scratching post that you want for your pets.
You should also consider the number of cats you have at home, having one cat scratching post at a multi-cat household may not serve the best at the end of the day. Your cats may end up struggling for space and miss to achieve the main objective of scratching.
Types of Cat Scratching Posts
Types of scratching post are based on the following aspects.
Material: There are products made of fibrous sisal, these ones seem to be so common in the market. Post and trees made of this material take different shape and sizes. Another product that can also be of great help is the cat scratching post costumes.
Shape: some scratching posts are entirely straight whereas some can be used by your pets to relax and even sleep on. When one walks right into a mall to buy a scratching post, you may get a challenge of choosing the right one. When you visit cat scratching post-Amazon, you will get this types of scratching posts.
This article may be of great help to you considering they have the best cat scratching post reviews which may help you to decide on which product to purchase.
Our Reviews For Top 5 Cat Scratching Posts
#1. Smart Cat Ultimate Scratching Post
This product is made from durable materials hence promising its durability. It is a straight post that is vertically placed on the floor. It positioning and function is as good as the one for best rope for cat scratching post.
- This cat scratching post is made from fibrous durable sisal on a 32″ post. This allows your pet to freely stretch vertically on the post.
- The cats love it so much and make it be the top cat scratching post.
- It has a sturdy base that prevents it from wobbling whenever the cat jumps on it to scratch itself.
- Its vertical shape makes it easy for your pets to scratch themselves comfortably. Has fibrous and durable sisal which is the best for the strengthening of the nails.
- This post can remain attractive and sturdy for a long period of time without tearing off even after continued use.
- Due to its height, your pet gets all the stretching pleasure and also exercises itself. It is very easy to assemble only by using the two screws that attach the base and the post.
- Sometimes the sisal may come out if you have a vigorous and highly active cat, this may make it be shapeless so quickly.
- It’s not padded at the bottom, you need to do it yourself to avoid scratches on the hardwood floor.
- This product has a very high price compared to other products in the market.
#2. PetFusion Ultimate Cat Scratcher Lounge
This product is both comfortable for cats scratching and lounging on. It is made of materials of high quality this makes it be durable. It has a design that can also act as a decoration in your home; it’s a multipurpose cat scratching post; a cat scratching post with a bed.
Made of durable cardboard which makes it last longer. It has a wide surface area which can be used by more than one cat or even bigger cats. Your pet can comfortably rest on the curved part at the top.
- It doesn’t require any assembly, you just buy it and place it in an even place and it’s ready for use.
- It is so stylish hence doing a supplement to your home decor. It is made of materials that are very safe for your pet.
- You can comfortably use it no matter the number of cats that you have. All large and small cats can use it and get the pleasure that they require regardless of their sizes. Its shape attracts pet to it naturally.
- It takes a lot of space due to its large surface area.
- Some cats tend to use it as a sleeping place because of its curved top.
#3. Go Pet Club Cat Tree Furniture
Go Pet Club cat tree has a decent look that makes it be a very attractive cat scratch post. It is only suitable for a small cat. This product serves the purpose really well for the small ones; it’s one of the cats scratching post cheap that you can find in the market.
- It is so smart to be hidden in a corridor somewhere, you can place it anywhere in the house and it just looks great.
- Its great height and several divisions allow the pet to freely move on it. The wood post is covered with sisal which most cats like to scratch. Its price is not so high as compared to other products in the same category.
- It can’t fit more than one cat, if you more pets that you need one scratching post then this may not be the best product for you.
- Large sized cats can’t use it because it is specifically designed for small ones only.
- You really need a lot of time and knowledge to assemble it because of the so many parts that should be put together for it to be ready for use.
#4. SmartCat Bootie’s Three-in-One Cat Scratcher
This cat scratching post is one that doesn’t specify which place to put it; it can fit all most everywhere and take any position. You can either put it on the floor, hung it on the wall or even put it on the door post it will still serve the purpose well. It has a measurement of 7″ W× 2.5″ D × 24″ L.
- Made of fibrous and woven sisal that is durable and has natural ability to inspire scratching.
- It is easy to set up, you just need to mount it either on the wall or place it somewhere on the floor and it’s ready for use.
- It has rubber feet that ensure that it doesn’t slide when placed on the floor. It remains sturdy and doesn’t wobble when the pet scratches on it.
- You can use it for both large and small sized cats.
- It doesn’t work really well when placed on the wall, its small base seems to lack enough ability when in an upright position.
#5. Armarkat Cat Tree Furniture Condo
This is a great unit for anybody who wants to see his or her cats have the pleasure to jump, climb, sleep and exercise all at one point. This is not only a cat scratching post tree but it also includes sleeping places for the cat. We have a full product review on this cat tree that you can find here for more info.
- This product makes the cat do everything all in one place, you don’t need to have many scratches at home.
- It can be used by both small and big cats at the same time and again many cats can comfortably use it all together.
- It comes with all instructions on how you can assemble it and set up ready for use.
- It is one of the products that you can’t just take from the shop and use straight away; you have to set it up
- It may be challenging if you don’t have enough information on how to set it up. This is one of the best cat post and trees, for you to get it; you will need to pay dearly.