What is a Cat Carrier?
Cats are not fond of being shuttled from place to place without their consent, and neither do they particularly enjoy car rides. So you need to get one of the best cat carriers.
As a cat parent, you understand that there are times that necessitate the moving of your cat from one place to another. This could take the form of a visit to the vet, a trip, moving houses or even going to the pet groomer.
There are many makes and designs of cat carriers in the market today. As a pet owner, you can be overwhelmed when it comes to making the choice on which cat carrier to procure for your cat.
How To Choose The Best Cat Carrier
Choosing the right sized cat carrier is critical to your cat’s overall comfort. Your kitty should be comfortable in his carrier and be able to turn around. He should also be secure and feel safe. If your cat is still a kitten, you may consider buying a carrier that either fits him or one that he will grow up with.
The Nature Of Use
If you plan to use your cat carrier to ferry your cat to your vet, you can afford to be more flexible in regards to size.
If you intend to fly with your cat, you must know that airlines have specific guidelines on height and carrier size. Your cat carrier must be able to fit the space that is underneath your seat. The majority of airlines will list a weight guideline. That, however, should not be the only factor to consider while choosing a carrier. Double check to make sure that your kitty will fit into your carrier comfortably during your flight.
Long road trips will mean a roomier carrier that will enable your cat to at least stand up once in a while and stretch its legs.
What To Look For in a Cat Carrier
- Look for quality safety features such as zippers and locking doors.
- Make sure that is easy to maintain and keep clean. Carriers with hard sides are easier to clean. However, Soft sided ones have removable pads that can be replaced or machine washed if they should get soiled.
- Be on the lookout for carriers that have additional features such as water and food bowls, soft floor padding and even straps that are padded.
- Check to see if the manufacturer has a guarantee or warranty for the carrier that you have in mind just in case it has defects or develops problems later on.
- Does the carrier have enough ventilation? You do not want your kitty to be uncomfortable and stuffy when using the carrier.
Which one is the Best Cat Carrier? – Soft or Hard-Sided Carrier
The choice on the type of carrier to procure depends entirely on you.
Soft sides cat carrier
This design of cat carriers often resembles duffel bags. They are easier to carry since they are lighter in weight. They are also simple to clean especially if you get one that has a detachable bottom inlay. The bottom padding makes the carrier cozier than the hard sided carrier.
Hard sides cat carrier
This type of cat carrier is easy to clean if there are toilet mishaps en route caused by your cat.
They are hardy especially for cats that may get nervous during travel and try to claw their way out. Their weight and bulk is something that you may want to think about before you make your purchase.
- To help your kitty grow accustomed to a cat carrier, try keeping it in the area that your cat spends most of their time. Try to help your cat sleep in it if possible. This should make it easy for your cat to get easily used to it.
- If your cat sees the carrier only during times that you need to take a trip together with your cat, your cat may develop negative connotations regarding it and get anxious whenever it is produced.
Here are the best five cat carriers right now
OxGord Airline Approved Pet Carriers
You will love the OxGord Airline Approved Pet Carriers. It has Excellent ventilation that is made possible by the breathable construction materials. The security screens enable you to check periodically on the wellbeing of your cat while on the go.
Pros of the OxGord Airline Approved Pet Carriers
- · Superior carrying straps,
- · The extra pockets are excellent for medication and extra treats.
- · The”unwind” and “bind” feature is a favorite for many pet parents on the go who can still access their pets while on the move without the risk of the cat escaping.
- · The whole unit is easy to clean and washable by machine
- · Safety Seat Belt Buckle permits for stress-free travel
- · Available in 10 colors and three sizes namely large, medium and small
- · fine mesh durable windows on all sides and at the top
Cons of the OxGord Airline Approved Pet Carriers
- · terrified Cat may be able to escape
- · Top may contract when carried
- · Reviews indicate complaints of a sharp odor by customers
The Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carriers
You know that when you are moving around with your cat, you need to be sure that your cat is safe. The Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carriers will give you that peace of mind.
Pros of the Sherpa Deluxe Pet Carriers
- · Carrier includes mesh sections for air circulation
- · Topmost and side entry with locking zippers
- · Shoulder strap and lambskin liner
- · Airline approved, you will be able to fly comfortably with your pet.
- · Carrier comprises mesh sections for ventilation
- · Topmost and side entry has fastening zippers
- · Strong Shoulder strap for ease of mobility and helps to walk without knocking the cat around.
- · The insides are lined with lambskin liner making it absorbent in case of accidents while traveling.
- · Airline approved. Safely fits underneath the seat.
- · The topmost zippered entry is fantastic for cats who do not like being prodded into the side opening
- · There are similarly two storage pockets for keeping your cat health certificates, meds or toys.
Cons Of The Sherpa Deluxe Cat Carrier
- · The Top may contract when being carried with a shoulder strap
- · Selected units have quality problems
- · Cat may be able to escape
- · Frightened cats might claw their way out
Petmate Two Door Top Load Pet Kennel
You know that cat carriers were initially made of durable plastic and so is this one. Though it is bulkier than others, the extra room means that your cat will be able to stretch comfortably during your trip.
- · It has two doors that allow for ease of access to your pets.
- · Handle that is ergonomic and durable for safer transport for your cat.
- · Steel and plastic structure for improved strength, safety, and visibility.
- · Multiple openings that help with ventilation for the cat.
- · Heavy because of the materials used to construct it
- · Does not fold down completely for storage
- · No sleeping pad included
- · Top loading may not be allowed on some airlines
Soft Sided Dog Carrier
The soft-sided and padded sides of this cat carrier make it more comfortable and cozier for your cat. Hard sided carriers with rigid and smooth floors make your cat slide and bump around increasing the stress levels of your cat while on the go.
This is the Number 1 Best Seller Soft-Sided Cat Carrier!
- · The cat carrier is made of waterproof materials making it easy to clean.
- · Sturdy make to keep your cat safe. Keeps its shape even when end panels are fastened.
- · Folds flat for storing.
- · Perfect for cats as well as dogs.
- · It comes with a 3 year warranty and 100% money back guarantee
- · If you are concerned that your cat may bolt after you open the carrier, there is a short leash close to the inside of the cat carrier that you can fasten to a collar.
- · A mesh pocket on the exterior gives you a place to keep a leash, some treats, and other travel supplies.
- · Comes in Multiple Colors.
AmazonBasics Soft-Sided Pet Travel Carrier
The Amazon Basics Soft-Sided Pet Travel Carrier is designed to carry your cat in comfort and style. It works well for all occasions when you need to take your pet with you be it to the vet, traveling by car or plane. A modifiable shoulder strap is included for hands-free carrying.
- · This cat carrier opens on both the topmost and the flanks for easy loading.
- · It also comprises a fleece mat that is machine washable by so your cat has something comfortable to lay on en route.
- · Excellent ventilation for your cat to help it stay cool. The transparent sides also help you to look in and see if your cat is okay. Also, it enables the cat to look out.
- · One year limited warranty.
- · Not very rough
- · Cat might be able to escape
- · Only obtainable in black
- After examining the five cat carriers, the question remains: which one is the fairest cat carrier?