You love cats, and that is, of course, the reason why you keep them. Truth be told, you hate cleaning cat litter. The majority of cat lovers are in the same boat with you.
There is nothing pleasant or motivating about cleaning cat litter, and frankly speaking there comes a time when cleaning your cat litter is no longer on the list of priorities anymore.
All these without factoring in how busy folks are everywhere. With hardly a minute to spare on your to- do list, time may have finally come when you need to admit that you need a little help.
The people who created the self-cleaning litter for cats had people just like you in mind. Self-cleaning cat litter boxes are becoming a simple must have in many households who keep cats as pets, and if you think about it, it may be time to get one too.
Why Use A Self-Cleaning Litter Box?
You can now finally heave a sigh of relief, sit back and let your furry darling do his thing without worrying about who will do the cleaning.
Sounds too good to be true? With a self-cleaning litter box, encountering cat litter and dealing with urine soaked clay will be a thing of the past.No more unpleasant smells of cat litter in your house either.
The litter box for your cat will continually self-clean improving the overall hygiene in your home.
A Little Luxury Goes A Long Way
You often spoil your kids do you not? Why not spoil your cats a little? Your little felines never ask for anything and are loyal and warm and loving and soft all the time.
By deciding to get a self-cleaning litter box for your kitty instead of the regular one, you are making life better for everyone.
The smell that often comes from a regular box will be dealt with once and for all, and your kitty will enjoy one of the little luxuries that life has to offer.
Do You know that will save you some much needed time? You will only need to dispose of cat litter once in a blue moon. This means you can redeem time with a self-cleaning litter box.
What to Consider Before Buying a Self-Cleaning Litter Box
- Are you buying for a single cat or multiple felines?
- What size is your kitty? Still, a kitten or all grown up?
- How much do you want to spend?
- Are you prepared to pay an additional dollar or two for an entirely automatic litter box, or you can forego the fancy features to save some money?
- Do you have space enough to put it?
- Have you observed any peculiar habits when your cat goes to use the litter box?
Do consider these points as you go out to buy a litter box. Everyone has different needs and so does your cat. Check which features will work best for your given situation.
The Litter-Robot III Open Air Self-Cleaning Litter Box is an improvement on the traditional litter box in many ways.
A Sensor records the cat's weight, and once the cat leaves, it activates a revolving device that drops the
Urine is absorbed by crystals and waste is collected by a rake into the tray's litter trap. Once the drawer is filled up, a light begins flashing. This alerts the cat owner that the drawer needs emptying.
- Large roomy compartment for any sized cat
- Fully self-cleaning unit, no more scooping for you.
- Perfect for households with many felines.
- Latex Mat prevents litter on your cat's paws from getting onto the floor
- Nightlight aids your cat to use the unit while its dark
- It does not clog
- Nothing will get stuck on the walls or sides of the unit
- The indicator light aids the cat parent to know when the unit is full and requires emptying
- Waste can be changed at the push of a button
- It can be used by multiple cats
- Reduces litter by up to 50%
- The sleep mode ensures that cat parents will get rest in the night.
- The rakes do not require cleaning
- The unit is large making it heavy
- The waste drawer is almost the same size as others in previous models
- Easily the most expensive litter box on the market
- The entryway can be a bit narrow or small for older cats that may be bigger
Catgenie Self Washing Self Flushing Cat Box
The CatGenie has the best approach to dealing with cat litter. The model uses washable granules. The granules are permanent. The system uses a cold water hook up to wash them. The waste is then turned into liquid ready for disposal in the drain or toilet.
The cat box will then heat and dry the granules and prepare them for the next use. For pet parents that dislike the business of dealing with cat waste, this is the best litter box as you will never have to clean it yourself.
- Nothing to wash or empty
- Fully automatic
- Incorporates with toilet or laundry room to flush waste
- The Washable Pellets are permanent, redeeming money on litterbox
- Needs a cold water line
- Each CatGenie is good for only 1-2 cats
- The Cleaning sequence takes half an hour
Petsafe Simply Clean Self-Cleaning Litter Box
For much less, you can get the PetSafe Simply Clean Self-Cleaning Litter Box which is also simpler. The unit has a continuously rotating litter bowl that removes waste continuously. The bowl rotates once every hour. This guarantees that the waste does not sit in the litter bowl growing bacteria.
- The waste vessel can be lined with a plastic bag to make elimination easy. The advantage is the unit not requiring specified extras like some of the other units
- The compact design makes it the ideal choice for homes where space is tight.
- The motor is also silent paralleled to other models.
- The price is way lower compared to others in the market.
- The motor is not noisy
- This model uses less litter
- It does not require specialized refills or bags.
- It has been designed for cats of only up to 12 pounds
- The design of the bowl means that the box has less space
- Use of inexpensive litter might cause waste to clump underneath the sifter
It uses throwaway trays as the bottommost of the unit. Urine is absorbed by crystals and litter get gathered by a rake into the tray's waste setup. Once the plate requires replacement which should be every few weeks or as desired, dependent on your cat, lift the piece, take out the tray, and cover it with the incorporated lid. The whole plate goes into the garbage.
The cat box has an inbuilt sensor that can detect when your cat enters the box. This in turn begins a timer that triggers the rake which then sweeps the waste into the trap. You can be able to save yourself some cash by buying the one with no hood.
- Ultra Odor-reducing cobalt crystals guarantee no smells
- Waste is routinely cleaned with raking feature
- Exceptional tray removal system works well
- Fantastic for one to two cat households
- It is expensive
- The crystals are expensive in the long run
- You have to wait for the crystals to neutralize the smell. After the cat uses the box, the smell may linger for a while.
This litter box comes with a guarantee of 90 days. , it is a corded so you can just set it up and forget about it. Next, is the way it deals with the waste matter in the sand. It rotates the whole inside kitty litter and then strains any clumps of sand or actual litter putting them in a neat little plastic bag. How often you change the bag depends on the size of your cat and of course you can anticipate going for at least a week before you are required to change the bag.
- The little chamber is spacious
- Excellent for multiple cat households
- Reduced litter odor through the carbon filter
- It will self-clean after each use
- Safe for kitties as light as 5lbs to use
- No need for assembling
- No need for assembling
- It has a large capacity so is the litter box of choice for multi-feline households
- It utilizes the regular trash bags
- Easy to assemble
- Built in privacy
- It is expensive
- The unit is large and bulky
- If the receptacles are overfilled, they could smear the sides
- It will work well with cats of up to 25lbs
The Litter-Robot III Open Air Self-Cleaning Litter Box is the best self-cleaning litter box in the market today. The reviews that it has received Speak Volumes about this litter box. It works exactly as it says it will. Though a bit pricey, the cost is well worth it in the long run.